Legal Advisor Capital Markets
Are you a lawyer specialized in financial markets or banking law? Are you interested in capital markets? Come and take a look!
DescriptionYou will participate, in close cooperation with the commercial staff, in the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Equity & Debt Capital Markets activity. As a legal advisor, you will be responsible, together with your colleagues, for managing the legal risk related to these activities.
To this end, your mission will involve the following functions:
- You will proactively and critically detect legal risks, seek legally responsible and sustainable solutions and provide proactive and pragmatic advice ;
- In the context of the end-to-end legal support of transactions, you participate in negotiations with clients/issuers, banks and other external parties such as lawyers, auditors, supervisory authorities, stock exchanges, ... ;
- You will be responsible for drafting, checking and negotiating the documentation (such as the prospectus) relating to transactions involving commercial paper issues, corporate bonds, issuance programs and capital operations (Initial and Secondary Public offerings of shares, Rights issues, ...); you will also be responsible for designing and maintaining standard documents;
- You closely follow the most recent developments in legislation and market practices in the field of financial law and particularly in the field of capital market operations, with particular attention to the risks and opportunities that arise from them;
- You stay informed and share your knowledge by participating in competence centers or practice groups. You represent the client in interbank working groups and through your presence at networking events.
- You have a Master's degree in law or a Master's degree in economics, law and management with transactional experience in a law firm, auditor's office or bank, or you have a special interest in the field of capital markets;
- You are fluent in Dutch and have a good knowledge and command of French and English;
- You can communicate clearly and are able to defend your position in meetings or committees;
- You have a critical and analytical mind and are able to provide pragmatic solutions to complex legal issues;
- You are flexible, pragmatic, client and result oriented;
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn and ready to take on challenges;
- You can work independently, and you also enjoy teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- A good work/life balance, notably through a hybrid work mode;
- A corporate culture based on trust and autonomy;
- Central and accessible offices with various facilities (gym, restaurant, ...);
- Various opportunities for personal development;
- An attractive salary package that you can build up partly according to your own needs, with in addition many extra-legal benefits such as group insurance, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, public transport pass, discount on banking and insurance products, etc.
Hi, I'm Alicia Cattoir,
Is this job a good fit?