Internal Control Expert
Internal Control is responsible for providing reasonable assurance to the Group's senior management and Board of Directors regarding the achievement of objectives that ensure efficient operations, reliable financial and non-financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations. As an Internal...
DescriptionInternal Control is responsible for providing reasonable assurance to the Group's senior management and Board of Directors regarding the achievement of objectives that ensure efficient operations, reliable financial and non-financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
As an Internal Control Expert, your role will cover the following activities:
- Identify and assess the operational risks of the company
- Assist and challenge management in their risk assessment, implement effective control processes and develop action plans
- Calculate the need for economic capital for the company's major risks
- Ensure the follow-up and remediation of incidents
- Assist the operational lines in identifying Key Risk Indicators and play a supporting role in their monitoring
- Ensure the proper deployment of the internal control framework in accordance with the Group's instructions, by verifying the effectiveness of the processes and controls implemented within the company
- Identify deficiencies and recommend actions to prevent risks
- Participate in the continuous reflection on the improvement of the processes and controls implemented
- Deliver relevant messages to management on the control framework
- Collaborate with other control functions (Compliance, Security, Audit) and transversal functions to ensure effective sharing of information and consistency in risk assessment and monitoring
- Participate in projects related to internal control
- University degree (preferably in economics, finance, management sciences or scientific studies)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in insurance, risk management and/or auditing activities. Proven experience in project management is an asset.
- Perfect command of French or Dutch with a working knowledge of the second language. A good command of English is also necessary for this position.
- Critical thinking, assertiveness and rigor
- High degree of autonomy and initiative
- Flexibility and ability to manage stress
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Good work organization and attention to deadlines
- Eager to learn and develop your skills
OfferOur client is active in the insurance sector and is located in the center of Brussels. It offers a challenging position in a dynamic and flexible work environment.
Hi, I'm Anne Sophie Noyer,
Is this job a good fit?