Legal Counsel German
We are looking for a Legal Counsel with fluency in German to provide legal support to our client in Brussels. The successful candidate will have expertise in German law and be able to provide legal advice on a range of legal issues. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- You will provide legal advice related to the export credit insurance business and/or more general advice covering several areas of law with which our client is faced.
- You will be in contact with the management, colleagues from other operational departments (sales, risk underwriting, claims, and policy management) and the insured.
- Together with your colleague legal counsels and the compliance officer, you will follow our client's legal environment closely and provide related legal advice to the management.
- You will manage complex claim files by advising the operational departments, negotiating with the insured, contacting the debtors and brokers and by handling the complete administration follow-up.
- You have a Master's degree in law if possible supplemented with additional training in finance, business or international trade.
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a lawyer (at the bar or as in-house legal counsel), preferably in the fields of commercial and/or financial law.
- You have excellent knowledges in German and English, with a very good oral and written proficiency in Dutch or French. Knowledge of other languages is certainly a plus.
- You have good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented and solution-minded.
- You are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit.
- You handle stress well.
- You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
- An interesting permanent position in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, group- and hospitalization insurance, extra-legal pension, homeworking, flex reward etc.).
- A hybrid working arrangement (three days of teleworking) offering flexibility to maintain a good life balance.
Hi, I'm Jade Donnen,
Is this job a good fit?