Business Compliance Officer
The primary purpose of this role is to provide a hands-on professional regulatory service to our clients. The role will include ensuring that clients are meeting legal and regulatory requirements by providing a project-managed approach to the creation and maintenance of a first line policy, procedure and process-mapped defense.
DescriptionRole and Responsibilities:
- Assist the relationship manager in the maintenance of proper clients’ due diligences files;
- Provide sounds support and advice to the allocated clients in relation to their first line of defense policies and procedures
- Perform periodic reviews of the clients’ AML policies and procedures, and if necessary, align with regulatory changes;
- Review their compliance processes and policies with the applicable AML/CTF regulations;
- When required, maintain appropriate written procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and internal policies, and monitor adherence to such procedures;
- Project manage identified issues through to scalable, efficient and, where possible, systematized solutions. (Note: reference to project management means being involved in working on and tracking through to the solution, not simply delegation of tasks to others).
- Responsible for clients’ database screenings and reporting the Clients’ Board accordingly;
- Monitor their regulatory environment and update the Board accordingly;
- Review KPIs collected and compile a sound report to be tabled and presented to the Board. The frequency of reporting will be agreed by the Board, but at minimum must be annual;
- Undertake annual due diligence on the company administrator(s) and compile a report detailing any observations and recommendations;
- Monitor the annual internal and external audit for AML / CFT regulatory compliance matters;
- Provide effective training /refresher training plans to their members of staff on compliance and AML/CFT matters, and assist with new employee inductions and ongoing staff development;
- Remain available at any time to meet with and relay information to Luxembourg’s AML/CTFT authorities.
Your profileExperience and skills required:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in AML/CFT applicable regulations in Luxembourg;
- Recognised diploma or other relevant financial services qualification preferred;
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in Law or Financial Services;
- Having already being appointed as RC role is a strong advantage;
- Fluent in English, French and/or German is an advantage;
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently in a high-pressure environment;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Proactive, well-organized, solution focused with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Hi, I'm Tamara Brockly,
Is this job a good fit?