Credit Risk Analyst
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst for our client, a leasing company based in Brussels. The ideal candidate will have experience in risk analysis, be able to assess creditworthiness and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
DescriptionThe Credit Risk Analist performs a variety of functions as part of the approach to credit issues, including but not limited to developing risk and acceptance guidelines, raising awareness of credit culture, supporting credit policy and the company's credit strategy. You provide advice to the Credit Committee and report to the CFO.
In concrete terms:
- You are responsible for credit analyses for large and/or complex credit applications based on information available at the bank, as well as your own credit analyses.
- You play a key role in maintaining the balance between asset growth and credit quality in order to achieve the company's financial objectives.
- You contribute to the development, deployment and monitoring of credit risk policy and procedures.
- You monitor and evaluate active accounts in order to limit or prevent doubtful accounts receivable losses.
- You prepare the company's weekly credit committee, draft minutes and communicate decisions.
- You collaborate with and support the credit analysts.
- You will work with the Compliance & Risk Manager to ensure that Compliance rules are correctly applied.
- You will be responsible for periodic and ad hoc reporting (in particular on Large Exposures, Outstandings, maturing credit lines, etc.).
- You help the Management team to assess major credit risks.
- You play an active role in the development and maintenance of the 3 Lines or Defence model.
- You have a Master's degree in commercial sciences, SEA, statistics, commercial engineering, finance, ...
- You have a working knowledge of credit risk management.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Excel and/or other reporting tools.
- You are pragmatic, flexible and self-starting.
- You have a highly analytical mind and good presentation skills.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to get your message across constructively to the Executive Committee, the various risk functions within the bank and the company's Sales department.
- You are also detail-oriented.
- You are able to present technical information clearly and succinctly.
- You are fluent in Dutch and French. English is a plus.
- You have an analytical mind. You're precise and stress-resistant, and you're able to work to strict deadlines even when you're short of time.