Head Of Compliance Europe
Based in Brussels and regularly spending time in London, our client seeks a Compliance Manager to support the Head of Office and work closely with the London based Head of Compliance, Head of Underwriting Management and the wider Risk Management & Compliance team. The role will suit candidates who...
DescriptionBased in Brussels and regularly spending time in London, our client seeks a Compliance Manager to support the Head of Office and work closely with the London based Head of Compliance, Head of Underwriting Management and the wider Risk Management & Compliance team.
The role will suit candidates who enjoy working in a developing environment where they can apply their knowledge to make a real difference to the efficient running of the company and the wider group. Whilst the core responsibility will be to our client and its UK branch, the role will naturally extend into the compliance needs of the syndicate and the other Probitas companies.
1. Quickly and efficiently resolving general compliance queries, including
a. Communication with regulators and timely preparation, review or approval of key regulatory returns.
b. Complaints handling and liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely resolution.
2. Guiding and assisting the business in delivering the correct outcomes for customers, including:
a. Stewardship of the Know Your Customer, Treating Customer’s Fairly and Insurance Distribution Directive for European Customers.
b. Timely review of key internal policies to ensure regulatory compliance
c. Maintaining the European Risk Register
3. In conjunction with the London compliance team:
a. identify, analyse and respond to regulatory change in Belgium and across the EEA
b. successfully implement and provide ongoing monitoring of legal and regulatory developments
c. identify and record regulatory breaches and near misses, working with the business to establish the root cause and implement controls to prevent recurrence
d. monitor the ongoing knowledge and professional competence of staff to satisfy FSMA requirements
ompliance training as may be required.
5. Monitoring and approval of the underwriting authority of European staff.
6. Monitoring of underwriting procedures and controls for all European underwriting activity.
7. Monitoring and investigating underwriting exception reports to ensure all underwriters comply with internal underwriting rules and standards.
8. Assisting with the production of internal monthly reports to the Committees of the Board and external reports to key stakeholders.
9. Attending market conferences as required.
10. Attending the Board and Committees as required to report on Compliance and underwriting governance matters.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an insurance compliance role.
- Understanding of the European Regulatory Framework and key obligations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers.
- Fluent in English and French. Flemish an advantage.
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret information as well as present findings to facilitate decision making.
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements and apply in proportionate policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Masters degree preferred.
OfferOur client offers you a permanent contract with a beautiful package.
Hi, I'm Jade Donnen,
Is this job a good fit?