Legal Expert - GDPR
Our client, located in the heart of Brussels, is looking for a GDPR Legal Expert to join their team specialized in data protection for professionals. You will help managers to fulfill their legal obligations, identify compliance risks and actions, etc. You will join a close-knit team of experts that is an integral part of a larger structure where flexibility and privacy/professional life balance are an important issue. Interested in this position? Send us your application.
DescriptionOur client is looking for a GDPR Legal Expert to join their GDPR entity, assist them in their tasks and thus contribute to the achievement of the department's objectives. In this role, you will provide legal support to the data controllers who have entrusted the DPO mission to this entity.
- You proactively inform and advise the data controllers with whom you work. You are in charge, as DPO or as advisor, of helping them fulfill their legal obligations regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR and other legal texts related to data protection): identification of risks and compliance actions and description of data protection measures to be taken by each data controller ;
- You answer legal questions asked by data controllers in relation to personal data protection legislation;
- You draft the legal documents necessary for the compliance of the data controllers: DPIA, register of processing activities, contracts, informative policies, legal notes, etc. ;
- You monitor the compliance measures within the framework of audits carried out on the premises of the data controllers;
- You handle internal and external legal requests (emails, phone, ....);
- You handle and resolve requests from data controllers relating to the protection of personal data.
- You have a Master's degree in law (specialization in data protection matters is a plus);
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the field of data protection;
- You are interested in the public sector and the liberal professions;
- You enjoy theoretical and practical legal work;
- You would like to specialize your knowledge in a multidisciplinary team;
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and have a good knowledge of the other national language. Knowledge of English is a plus.
- A competitive salary package, with meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, company car, ... ;
- A flexible schedule;
- An intellectually challenging job with varied tasks in the professional world.
Hi, I'm Jade Donnen,
Is this job a good fit?