Our client, a large international insurance company, is looking for a Credit Controller for their offices in Belgium and the Netherlands. This job involves working with the other credit controllers to manage complex accounts receivable and payable for insurance in an international environment. You will spend most of your time: liaising with both international and domestic clients, insurance intermediaries and reinsurers to ensure timely collection of insurance premiums and recoveries. You will handle broker and reinsurer accounts assigned to you and build effective relationships.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts and analyze differences; record inquiries and monitor resolution by tracking and updating actions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Brokers, Customers and key internal stakeholders with, Operations, Underwriting, Claims and others.
- Achieve gross and reinsurance debt and unallocated cash targets in terms of size, volume and age.
- Handle routine flow of requests for information: respond or refer and prioritize.
- Communicate and liaise with internal financial colleagues and others (Underwriting, Operations, Claims, etc.) to verify accuracy, provide or obtain further information and/or resolve queries.
- Track the credit control process and contribute to improving and keeping process documents up-to-date.
- Work within your authority levels and proactively seek approval in the implementation of bad debt provisioning and write-off policies.
- Issue and send monthly statements to brokers.
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required.
- Be aware and understand legal requirements and brokerage policies and TOBAs.
- Capture and record data in a timely and accurate manner.
- You ideally have 1-2 years of experience in Credit Control or a financial administrative position.
- You have completed an education at at least higher education level.
- Your Dutch and English are at a good level, both oral and written.
- You are comfortable with (Excel) data, tools and systems.
- You are a team player and you add value through your organized way of working.
- You have a commercial attitude combined with a passion for achieving results.
- You have a positive approach to changes in demand, processes or tools.
- You have strong analytical, relational and communication skills.
- You have a clear interest in the complex structures of international insurance programs, including reinsurance, and the ambition to further develop your knowledge and expertise.
- You will join one of the world's largest international property and casualty insurance companies.
- In return for your efforts, you will receive an attractive salary package.
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A challenging job within a team of experts with in-depth technical knowledge.
- A temporary interim contract
Hi, I'm Alison Swolfs,
Is this job a good fit?