Office Assistant (Education Department)
Our client, a European non-profit organization, is looking for an Office Assisant.
DescriptionUnder the supervision of the director of Education department, you will be responsible for the coordination of administrative and logistic tasks, including:
- Ensure organisation and coordination of seminars, conferences, meetings and events (from A to Z)
- Preparation and sending of invitation to participants as well as all documents necessary for the event
- Organising and booking events (transport and accommodation for participants, venue, meals, interpretation etc.)
- Negotiation with suppliers and preparation of contracts and tenders, taking into consideration the rules laid down by the European Commission and by the internal rules
- Attending project meetings when appropriate etc.
- Administrative support to the department
- Undertaking general administration including word processing, dealing correspondence, photocopying, sending of letters, contracts, mailings, reports and documents
- Maintaining up to date office filing system and archive in database
- Providing a contribution to CRM database
- Collecting and providing project information to staff team on a regular basis
- Ensure financial follow-up of projects/ activities
- Supporting project officer, including preparation of documents and follow-up on timelines and deliverables
- Maintaining up to date projects information and projects follow-up (lists of participants, reimbursements forms, expenditure, contracts, invoices, purchase orders etc.)
- Controlling project budget in terms of expenditures according to the work plan (receiving and checking invoices, claims of reimbursement etc.)
- Performing other duties as the supervisor may request/deem necessary
- At least 3 years’ secretarial and administrative experience or related tasks, experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of ITC tools (Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Word).
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (working languages)
- Reliable, well-organised with a good team spirit and excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Able to adjust to multiple tasks and prioritize the work.
- Pro-active, flexible and able to organize the work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and attention to details.
- A positive attitude, very good writing and communication skills, solid inter-personal skills, ability to work in in a multicultural environment