Professional Support Lawyer
Our client, an independent law firm in BeNeLux, is looking for a Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) who is as passionate about supporting their clients' businesses with first class legal knowledge as the rest of their highly motivated team. If you would like to join the knowledge management team to support the IP (Intellectual Property) and TMT (Technology, Media, Telecommunications) practices, then our client is the right place.
DescriptionAs a member of the Knowledge Management team, the PSL makes an important contribution to the quality and professionalism of the firm. Thanks to his/her sense of organisation and excellent mastery of information and retrieval tools, the PSL facilitates the daily tasks of lawyers by ensuring access to quality and up-to-date legal and business information. The PSL works directly with the lawyers of a particular practice group and is part of a knowledge team.
As a PSL for the IP and TMT practices, you will work in a cross-disciplinary role that covers both knowledge management and business development. , You primarily support the lawyers in the follow-up of their files and litigations. In addition, you assist the lawyers in the development of their practice by supporting them in the initiatives they take to attract and retain clients. Depending on your profile, there is room to get involved in projects that have an overlap with other practice groups or to specialise in the branches of law that are relevant to the IP and TMT practice groups.
Your tasks are :
- You support the lawyers in their initiatives to attract and retain clients, and you assist in preparing offers and presentations in that respect.
- You closely follow the legal developments in your field. You communicate the relevant information to the lawyers and take the initiative to translate this into relevant insights for clients.
- You manage and are responsible for keeping models, (internal) databases, digital files, archives and checking the relevant external sources up-to-date.
- You will be aware of the ins and outs of the practice, understand the content of files and know the clients. Based on that knowledge, you process and coordinate input from lawyers to draft submissions to directories such as Chambers, Legal 500, etc.
- You are closely involved in the internal and external communication initiatives of the practice groups (i.e. internal trainings, newsletters, conferences, publications, etc.) and you follow the relevant news in the general and economic press.
- You are an enthusiastic lawyer (ideally holding a Master's degree in law) who is energized to gain further experience in the dynamic environment of an international law firm.
- You like to work with legal content, you enjoy content variety in your work and like to work in different settings with different stakeholders.
- You have a positive personality, you work autonomously, you are a team player and have an affinity with information and communication technology.
- You like to work in a high performance environment where a healthy personalized work-life integration is part of the deal.
OfferYou’ll get to personally and professionally grow in your role by learning from and interacting with top professionals. Because by our client, employees help each other excel and when they win, they win together!
You’ll get to work for a law firm where high-quality customer service and emphasis on people and teamwork go hand in hand, with team buildings, after work drinks, sports events and many more opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
Our client have a hybrid work policy.