For a client active in the legal sector in Brussels, we are looking for an HR Officer for a 4 to 5 months assignment starting mid-September.
DescriptionYou will support the Talent Manager (and occasionally the Recruitment Manager) in delivering an outstanding and best in class operational HR service:
- You provide HR advice to staff on all people related matters such as performance and capability, training programs, absence, disciplinary and grievance, changes to terms and conditions of employment, probation reviews and flexible working applications;
- You work with Practice Groups lawyers in Brussels on all lawyer-related matters;
- You coordinate mobility program placements both to and from the Brussels office as well as the receiving and sending of secondees to and from clients, liaising with key stakeholders as appropriate;
- You manage the new joiner and leaver process for employees and lawyers i.e. conducting new joiner meetings and exit interviews;
- You coordinate the smooth running of the mid-year and annual performance process, compensation and bonus review;
- You produce relevant paperwork, letters, contracts and reports for all of the above matters and populations;
- When required, you provide support to the Recruitment team to enable them to attract the best talent and deliver against resourcing plans;
- You lead or assist with ad hoc project work covering areas such as Retention, Performance, Talent Management, etc.;
- You maintain an overview of all HR processes, prioritising areas for improvement and ensuring successful implementation.
- You have a bachelor's degree;
- A previous HR experience is essential, preferably within the legal sector or other professional services firms or within a corporate (matrix) environment;
- You have experience in payroll administration matters;
- You have a working knowledge and understanding of employment law, policies and procedures;
- You are fluent in English and French and/or Dutch;
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- With guidance from Talent Manager, you have the ability to identify appropriate actions to resolve issues using well-defined policies and procedures;
- You have the ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives;
- You have the ability to build rapport and develop relationships at all levels;
- You have a strong drive, delivery focus and attention to detail;
- You have a collaborative approach, effectively working with others to achieve success.
OfferOur client is active in the legal sector.
We offer you a permanent contract with a wide range of extralegal benefits.
As a consultant, you will carry out multiple assignments with our clients in a professional working atmosphere where initiative is appreciated.
This mission is also possible on a freelance basis.