You will be the second line of defence and thus hold an absolutely key position within the risk management of the Group. You will be responsible for overseeing an effective risk and control framework with a defined governance level in Germany and Benelux. This includes verifying the operational...
DescriptionYou will be the second line of defence and thus hold an absolutely key position within the risk management of the Group. You will be responsible for overseeing an effective risk and control framework with a defined governance level in Germany and Benelux. This includes verifying the operational effectiveness of the control environment in addition to regular independent reviews. In addition, your assessment is very important in qualifying and quantifying the main risks to our business: What impact do these have on our corporate strategy and what action plans are derived from this?
- Independently review and validate the risk assessment and monitoring of the main risk profile for your region.
- Identify, monitor and communicate information on the status of internal controls to the responsible parties so that any business risks can be minimised.
- Take care of the implementation of 2nd line of defence control activities (design and operational effectiveness testing) and tasks related to data quality.
- Support the first line of defence in the implementation of established controls, i.e. provide them with advice and assistance in resolving and minimising risks.
- Provide adequate reporting of control deficiencies to ensure necessary escalations and implementation of an appropriate action plan.
- Analyse root causes of incidents and follow up on resulting open action plans with preparation for closure
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of experience in the field of internal control/audit and thus a very good understanding of the field and its practices.
- Experience with one of the Big 4 or in the consulting industry is a plus
- You are fluent in English (German is a plus) and are very confident and convincing in communicating with stakeholders of different positions and roles.
- At work, you like to apply your analytical, solution-oriented and questioning skills to reach your goal. In addition, you can organise yourself very well and work independently. Your counterparts can count on you and the quality of your work is a matter of particular concern to you.
- And last but not least, you find it exciting to travel occasionally for work.