As Compliance Officer you will support the activities of our client through compliance advice. You will gain extensive knowledge of the operations of a Belgian insurance company and will have contact with all departments. You will closely collaborate with the Head of Compliance of Monument Belgium....
DescriptionAs Compliance Officer you will support the activities of our client through compliance advice. You will gain extensive knowledge of the operations of a Belgian insurance company and will have contact with all departments. You will closely collaborate with the Head of Compliance of Monument Belgium.
Your tasks will include, among others:
- Assist in the completion of regulatory filings to the National Bank of Belgium and FSMA, including those with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) reporting, and of internal group reports;
- Assist in the development and update of the AML screening program and in the design of the internal procedures and controls relevant to sanction screening and the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing;
- Assist in the AML analysis of acquired insurance portfolios and support the inclusion of such analysis in the relevant software systems for portfolio management;
- Provide support for compliance monitoring, compliance audits and complaints management;
- Support the revision of internal policies related to risks, internal control and compliance;
- Deal with general day-to-day queries on regulatory matters and AML, and provide support to M&A projects from a compliance perspective;
- Give trainings to personnel;
- Advocate clean governance practice and promote an organizational culture committed to integrity and ethical conduct.
- Master in Belgian Law, Economics, Finance or other relevant background;
- A first working experience in a compliance role in the financial sector is a strong asset but not required;
- Interest in insurance law, compliance, ethics and/or AML;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch or French, and a good level of French or Dutch;
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Strong detail orientation and analytical;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and entrepreneurial;
- Good communicator with external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders and colleagues;
- Eager to learn and share knowledge, flexible and openminded;
- High level of integrity and discretion;
- Team player with ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, service minded and solution and result oriented.
- The opportunity to join a pleasant and dynamic team;
- The chance to be a part of a young and strongly growing international company with acquisitions that make news headlines;
- Plenty of growth possibilities within Belgium as well as at Group level in an environment that stimulates learning and developing your potential;
- A competitive renumeration package.