Operational Risk Officer
Lead the risk and control self-assessment process for the company, providing challenge and advice to the business as appropriate;Manage the production of risk reviews, addressing company's key operational risks, working with external specialists where appropriate;Support the embedding of the company...
- Lead the risk and control self-assessment process for the company, providing challenge and advice to the business as appropriate;
- Manage the production of risk reviews, addressing company's key operational risks, working with external specialists where appropriate;
- Support the embedding of the company group risk management framework to acquired businesses and portfolios;
- Provide operational risk input for the solvency selfassessment and risk reporting;
- Plan and lead the review of risk management policies;
- Provide risk management training;
- Keep abreast of the latest industry and regulatory developments in relation to operational risk management;
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained, that all corporate requirements and reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained, and that processes and controls are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
- University degree in business management, economics, engineering or sciences;
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of experience in operational risk management; if acquired in the insurance sector this is an extra asset;
- Knowledge of cyber risk management is preferred but not essential;
- Professional knowledge of French or Dutch and English;
- Proven stakeholder management and communication skills;
- Project and change management expertise;
- Comfortable keeping multiple projects progressing simultaneously and proven organisational skills;
- Personal qualities including pro-activity, perseverance, resilience, flexibility and pragmatism;
- Proven ability to think and work independently, to provide direction and to challenge ideas in a constructive, practical and solutions-oriented manner;
- Excellent business acumen, strong relationship management skills, along with the expertise to navigate and achieve the organization's risk goals;
- Capable user of Microsoft office suite with ability and confidence to work with new technologies.