Corporate Legal Advisor
You give and draft opinions on corporate law, financial law (takeover bids, transparency declarations, etc.) and on the regulatory aspects of real estate investment vehicles (SIR, FIIS, real estate certificates, ....). You then implement these opinions;You prepare and control the corporate documents...
- You give and draft opinions on corporate law, financial law (takeover bids, transparency declarations, etc.) and on the regulatory aspects of real estate investment vehicles (SIR, FIIS, real estate certificates, ....). You then implement these opinions;
- You prepare and control the corporate documents related to real estate operations (shareholders' agreement, contribution, capital increase, subscription to funds, various agreements and clauses) and you participate in negotiations;
- You advise the corporate housekeeping team for the Belgian and foreign companies of the group, if necessary in collaboration with foreign lawyers and notaries;
- You draft, adapt and update standard contracts/agreements (in particular: NDA, Head of Terms, Letter of Interest, etc.);
- You will draft and check documents related to real estate transactions (letters of intent, share transfer agreements, shareholder agreements, sales agreements, project management agreements, building rights, long term lease agreements, etc.) and you will participate in negotiations;
- You coordinate the audit aspects of real estate transactions;
- In a constructive manner, you try to resolve disputes amicably within the established contractual framework, and you manage any disputes (with the help of external advisors);
- You manage a team: you ensure the training and legal supervision of the operational and technical colleagues of the business lines in the exercise of their functions;
- You study and follow the evolution of the law in the relevant areas.
- Master's Degree in Law;
- Minimum 6 to 10 years experience as a lawyer or in-house counsel in the real estate industry;
- Language skills: bilingual French-Dutch and active knowledge of English;
- Computer skills: very good knowledge of Word, good knowledge of Excel and Power Point;
- Intellectual curiosity, precision, rigor and flexibility;
- Intellectual curiosity, precision, rigor and flexibility; Capacity to manage a file, proactivity and initiative;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), ability to argue and defend your point of view;
- Organizational Skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.