Legal Advisor - M&A
As a legal advisor on the Proprietary Corporate Affairs team, you will be part of a dynamic team and provide advice on a wide range of legal matters related to the general operations of the Group; Your duties will also include identifying and monitoring the legal risks and potential liabilities...
- As a legal advisor on the Proprietary Corporate Affairs team, you will be part of a dynamic team and provide advice on a wide range of legal matters related to the general operations of the Group;
- Your duties will also include identifying and monitoring the legal risks and potential liabilities associated with the Group;
- A pragmatic attitude and a correct, unambiguous and effective communication style towards line management, colleagues and internal departments is essential.
1. Corporate Regulatory:
- Participation in strategic projects relating to the governance of the Group and all its entities, including the operation of bodies, profit distribution, capital movements, mergers, demergers, contributions, dissolutions, M&A files, etc ;
- (Assistance in) contacts with the supervisory authorities of the NBB/ECB;
- Advice on the legal life of the group's entities.
- Banking law and all related Belgian and European regulations;
- Company law.
- Participation in strategic projects concerning distribution channels;
- Providing advice on the legal structure and proper legal functioning of the independent network;
- Monitoring the reputation of Belfius through consistent sanctions across the channels and their follow-up;
- Legal assistance to the secretariat of the General Assembly of Scomm;
- (Assistance with) contacts with the FSMA.
- Commercial agents legislation;
- Legislation and circulars of the FSMA on the distribution of financial products and the conditions of exercise of the activity of financial intermediary;
- Company law.
- Master's/Law degree with several years of relevant experience ;
- Willingness to be active in a wide variety of fields;
- Excellent command of Dutch, French and English, both oral and written;
- Pragmatic with a flexible attitude;
- A work environment that is (i) intellectually challenging and values initiative (ii) and focused on innovation and digitalization.
- Opportunities to interact in a multidisciplinary environment in collaboration with other divisions of the bank.
- The possibility to answer practical and business-oriented questions, which have an important added value in practice.
- Opportunities for development, both within the Legal division and at Group level.
- A stable work environment that respects the work-life balance.
- The possibility of opting for a home-based working status.
- The opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable society.
- A job in a company that considers diversity and equal opportunities as an asset.