Practice Support Coordinator
For our client active in the legal sector we are looking for a Practice support coordinator.
DescriptionThis position is responsible for providing proactive practice support and administration support to the lawyers of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice (L&DR) primarily in relation to billable client work, and ensuring clients are serviced in a professional manner and in accordance with the Firm's policies and procedures. This includes being a part of a client matter team and coordinating and supporting all matter-related processes from matter inception to project completion, billing and collection, matter team support and business development support services.
- Being responsible for the matter project administration throughout life cycle, from the opening to the closing of the matter, and supporting post-closing activities such as bibling, archiving
- Coordinating client & matter-team meetings
- Monitoring and recording project scope and adjustments, estimates, caps, billing agreements
- Attending WIP/Debt reviews and following up on Partner actions
- Preparing and reviewing draft bills, reviewing and following up on applicable disbursements and anticipated costs, reviewing time entries and held/missing time
- Facilitating all Working Capital activities in collaboration with the Finance team
- Supporting Partners and the BD team with business development activities (updating some BD and client focus materials, providing host support for events where required, facilitating updates to clients)
- Assisting with document production and DPU liaison where necessary (proofreading, editing, comparing, amending legal and other documents, ensuring they comply with house style)
- Assisting with signing pages where applicable
- Assisting with e-Filing where applicable
- Assisting with post-closing activities where applicable
- Understanding and supporting the use of legal technology, including facilitation and management of solutions applied to a matter where necessary
- Facilitating end of matter review to identify follow on opportunities
- Assisting with the production of newsletters
- Maintaining knowledge databases
- Reviewing templates (proofreading, sense-checking)
- Maintaining topic guides/information hubs on the intranet
- Organising knowledge teams meetings and internal training sessions
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in a similar environment;
- You have a good command of spoken/written English, Dutch and French;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Teams);
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and excellent organizational skills;
- You are an exceptional team player with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- You have the ability to work autonomously and take initiative;
- You are proactive and motivated to learn;
- You have a positive working attitude and excellent work ethic;
- You are willing and enthusiastic to work with and support different groups within the firm as required.
OfferOur client is active in the legal sector.
We offer you a permanent contract with a wide range of extralegal benefits.
As consultant you will carry out various assignments at our clients in a professional work environment where initiative is valued.
This project is also possible on a freelance basis.