Underwriting Product Specialist
Your role Your interest and (ideally) experience lay within any part of legal with a connection (and again interest) to underwriting language;You support Underwriting by expanding the product landscape and you demonstrate a high motivation to develop specialized knowledge and expertise in insurance...
- Your interest and (ideally) experience lay within any part of legal with a connection (and again interest) to underwriting language;
- You support Underwriting by expanding the product landscape and you demonstrate a high motivation to develop specialized knowledge and expertise in insurance products, industries and markets. You will take the lead of the development and review of products and secure the governance and regulatory standards of products in order to define the organization's policy position and ensure compliance with regulators;
- In this role you are the key person for both the business and the legal and governance framework where you interpret and translate the obligations into pragmatic solutions.
- Interpret, create, translate and explain wording language of multiple products and Lines of Business;
- Lead the proposition development within Underwriting and takes the ownership of the corresponding controls;
- Coach Underwriting on the intent of critical policy provisions and new products;
- Identify market standard product opportunities based upon the latest product line and industry trends;
- Support and drive The Zurich Way of Underwriting in collaboration with designated contacts in the business unit;
- Help driving the consistency of underwriting across business units through common methodology, tools and assumptions, underwriting governance and compliance;
- Oversee the internal control framework for underwriting and carry out regular risk assessments and ensure compliance with any Group risk mitigation actions and translate them into pragmatic solutions for underwriters;
- Maintain the underwriting policy and guideline control framework and provide input into Group Underwriting policies and guidelines, exchange and discuss approach and practical solutions with internal Benelux stakeholders and/or Group
- Summarizing the key parts of the role are: assurance, enable growth by projects on continuous improvement and expand the inhouse knowledge and expertise in Underwriting.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Law degree with ideally you have 2 to 3 years of working experience in a similar working environment;
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French is a plus;
- Very organized way of working and smart time management combined with Project management skills being able to run multiple projects at the same time with different scopes and deadlines;
- Analytical skills, attention to detail and a persuasive, strong and confident communicator to connect in the discussion with your stakeholders;
- Team player and independent worker being able to make own decisions and take ownership;
- Drive and enthusiasm seeking for continuous improvement to drive the business and organization.