Underwriting Assistant Property
To support the Underwriting department, our client is looking for an Underwriting Assistant. In this role you are the bridge between the commercial and the operational department. Together with your colleagues in Operations, you will ensure that our client can process their insurance policies properly, quickly and accurately in order to provide their customers with excellent service. In addition, this is a role that offers you growth perspectives within the company.
DescriptionAs a colleague within Operations you will support the specialized Underwriter (acceptor) in the daily activities, these activities are such:
- Supporting the underwriters with the registration and follow-up of new applications
- Telephone contact with the insurance broker. You answer their questions or you independently request additional information from the insurance broker
- First point of contact for questions from policy administration, accounting and damages
- Supporting the underwriters in their insurance portfolio in case of interim adjustments
- Making a monthly contribution to the prolongation process, selecting the policies which can be continued so that everything can be set in motion in good time with various departments
- monitoring the quality of the instructions given by the underwriting department to the administrative department for the layout and signalling bottlenecks and deviations in the process, as well as guaranteeing the quality of the policy administration
- Proactively putting forward solutions and improvement proposals in order to improve the efficiency and quality of both the acceptance and the policy administration departments
- checking policy documents, premium registrations and data entry in systems by the policy administration department
- HBO working and thinking level
- You preferably have some experience in the insurance industry and have affinity with different insurance products
- Good command of Office Excel and Word
- Preferably in possession of WFT Basic and WFT Property-Casualty Insurance, or the ambition to obtain them
- Good skills with IT automated systems
- Good oral and written communication skills in the Dutch language and basic knowledge of the English language.
- Command of the French language is a plus
- A challenging job with one of the largest and most ambitious insurance companies in the world - where they invest in your development
- A 38-hour work week with 28 days of vacation per calendar year
- A permanent contract
- Excellent primary and secondary conditions, including holiday allowance, a 13th month, bonus system, home-work allowance and premium free pension
- Extensive opportunities for further development, including WFT diplomas, internal and external training opportunities and free use of LinkedIn learning facilities.