As Accounting Expert you are responsible for the timely and correct submission of the external and internal reporting. You also support the implementation of accounting projects mainly related to the developments of the IFRS rules and reporting within the accounting department. You are part of the...
DescriptionAs Accounting Expert you are responsible for the timely and correct submission of the external and internal reporting. You also support the implementation of accounting projects mainly related to the developments of the IFRS rules and reporting within the accounting department. You are part of the Accounting, Consolidation & Reporting team, which currently has 2 employees. You report directly to the team's Coach.
- Ensuring the preparation of group reporting according to IFRS rules, correct and timely submission in the group's consolidation software
- Ensure the preparation and publication of legal declarations and accounts with the National Bank in accordance with BEGAAP standards.
- Analyse, test and implement evolutions and new needs with regard to group reporting
- Take care of the communication and coordination with the different stakeholders of the group reporting
- Ensure the preparation and follow-up of external audits (analysis, reconciliation and justification)
- Participate in the periodic closing of the accounts (booking, reconciliation, analysis, checks and reports)
- Support the team in the development, testing and validation of the accounting aspect of business projects, projects of the company's Strategic Plan and the Finance Department
- Analyse the current accounting processes in order to make recommendations and optimise the current operation
- Assist in the development of procedures for new accounting activities and tasks, as well as reviewing existing procedures
- Holder of a master's degree in economic sciences or commercial engineering or equivalent through experience
- Three to five years of experience in a general accounting or reporting function or consolidation
- Knowledge of accounting and financial standards (BeGAAP and IFRS)
- Experience in a banking environment is an asset
- Fluent in French or Dutch and good knowledge of English.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills (out of the box thinking)
- Very communicative and team oriented
- Your qualities are: sense of organisation and planning, independence, solution-oriented
- You are flexible, available and resistant to stress in the face of the very short reporting deadlines imposed by the Group.