Junior Underwriter Property
Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions within agreed timeframes, in order to secure profitable business within authority level and risk appetite;Contributing to the creation of segment and local business development plans which , identify existing and regular flow of new...
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions within agreed timeframes, in order to secure profitable business within authority level and risk appetite;
- Contributing to the creation of segment and local business development plans which , identify existing and regular flow of new business opportunities;
- Establishing an effective relationship with Underwriting and Commercial colleagues and other stakeholders;
- Accessing and applying all appropriate sources of information and insight in order to best satisfy the needs of selected brokers and clients;
- Clearly articulating proposition and risk appetite;
- Maximising profitable business growth through:
- Reviewing allocated existing business and/or seeking out and following up on new business cases;
- Effectively negotiating and delivering underwriting decisions;
- Promptly identify and escalating those non-standard, large and/or complex cases to more qualified colleagues and work with them to deliver an outstanding service to the broker/client;
- Developing a trusted, deep and long term relationship with selected brokers to generate, progress and close new, up selling and cross selling business opportunities;
- Managing and working with others to take responsibility for effectively and promptly resolving broker and/or client complaints;
- Following up on timely policy issuing by liaising with the relevant internal departments;
- Progress through license levels in accordance with development plan;
- Capturing and recording of data in timely and accurate fashion;
- Providing guidance and coaching to less qualified/experienced colleagues where appropriate.
- You have a degree in Insurance or Finance or equivalent;
- You have 1 to 5 years’ experience in an administrative position in the insurance sector (preferably related to Property) or as a Junior Underwriter in the same field;
- You have started to build an internal and external network of contacts;
- You have an analytic mind, with the ability to build effective relationships;
- You have strong commercial skills;
- You have an interest in working in an international company (occasional travel is part of the role);
- Fluent in English and as well as in French or Dutch.