Head of Compliance & Governance
Based in Brussels, the successful candidate will support the Head of Office and work closely with the London based Head of Compliance, Head of Underwriting Management and the wider Risk Management & Compliance function in scoping, monitoring and advising the business and delivering key legal and...
DescriptionBased in Brussels, the successful candidate will support the Head of Office and work closely with the London based Head of Compliance, Head of Underwriting Management and the wider Risk Management & Compliance function in scoping, monitoring and advising the business and delivering key legal and regulatory obligations to ensure the company continues to meet its legal and regulatory requirements and effectively manages risk within the agreed risk appetite.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for, and to resolve quickly and efficiently, general compliance queries
- Guiding and assisting the business in delivering the correct outcomes for clients and key stakeholders
- Assisting the London based Head of Compliance
- Compiling and delivering Compliance training
- Monitoring and approval of Underwriting Authority for European Underwriting Staff
- Monitoring of Underwriting Procedures and Controls for all European Underwriting Activity
- Assisting with the Business Planning Process and subsequent monitoring
- Assisting with the production of internal monthly reports to the Committees of the Board and external reports to key stakeholders
- Attending market conferences as required
- Relevant experience preferably gained within an insurance company
- In-depth understanding of the insurance market and placing process and the European Regulatory Framework and key obligations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers.
- Fluent in English, Flemish and French
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret information as well as present findings to facilitate decision making
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into proportionate policies and procedures
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products