Our client within private banking is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the compliance team. The core duties in this role are providing compliance advice. You will further contribute to performing compliance monitoring and assisting in control setup. In this role, you will be dealing with a wide range of activities and regulations and you will work in a dynamic environment that offers you the opportunity to further develop as a compliance professional.
DescriptionYou will be responsible for the following activities:
- Provide compliance advice within our client on regulations and internal policies, such as money laundering legislation, MiFID, GDPR, etc.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the compliance policy framework
- Contribute to compliance risk assessments
- Execute compliance monitoring program
- Collaborate with the compliance team on the further development of the compliance program
- Assist in responding to regulatory requests
- Assisting with compliance reporting
- Advise the business on the improvement of controls, if needed
- Minimum of 5 years' compliance monitoring experience in a compliance, risk management or audit role at a larger financial organisation or consultant
- University background (law, economics or other relevant university education)
- Knowledge of compliance regulations such as AML, MiFID, MAD/MAR, UCITS, etc.
- Pro-active, result-oriented attitude and good organization skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and translate this into monitoring requirements
- Affinity with enterprise risk systems and understanding of control automation
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness to learn and improve yourself