We are looking to recruit a Belgian qualified Corporate Lawyer to join our award winning office in Belgium. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly technical and diverse team of some of the best corporate lawyers in the country, which offers exposure to complex and multi-jurisdictional...
DescriptionWe are looking to recruit a Belgian qualified Corporate Lawyer to join our award winning office in Belgium. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly technical and diverse team of some of the best corporate lawyers in the country, which offers exposure to complex and multi-jurisdictional matters. You will work with our global team to drive change, open new opportunities and accelerate growth for both our clients and our people.
If you have a commercial mind and a keen interest in activities that promote business growth, this is a tremendously exciting opportunity to develop your career with the world’s largest global law firm - reaching your full potential by exploring the opportunities and choices that shape your individual career journey.
The Belgian Corporate team advises clients on a full range of corporate related matters, including Belgian and international transactions. Our clients include start-ups, high growth companies, owner-managed businesses, major corporates, private equity houses and financial institutions. The team is part of a wider Belgian and European team and frequently acts on deals involving our worldwide colleagues, giving our clients access to one of the largest teams in the world.
As a Lawyer within the Corporate department in our Brussels office, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of services to our clients. Your role will involve:
- Advising on Belgian and cross border transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, private equity and venture capital, joint ventures, group reorganisations and general corporate/commercial work;
- You will be engaged in structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of corporate and venture capital transactions, including share and asset purchase agreements, subscription agreements, joint ventures and other partnering agreements, shareholders agreement, etc.;
- Actively advising companies, founders, board of directors, executives and committees on a wide range of operational matters and strategic transactions and provide them with ongoing legal support.
Your profileWe do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 1 - 3 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
- Belgian Master's degree in Law, and preferably an LLM obtained abroad; ability to show evidence of an attractive academic track record;
- Qualified to practice as a Lawyer in Belgium;
- 1 - 3 years' experience in corporate law;
- An excellent command of French, English and Dutch language skills (both verbal and written);
- Excellent legal and technical language skills;
- High work standards with strong service orientation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A motivated, open minded individual who will thrive in an environment where excellence, innovation and going that extra mile are the norm;
- You have excellent legal skills and an analytical mind, with attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and efficiently deal with complex files;
- Well organised, proactive, flexible, pragmatic, social and a team player;
- Ability to work in a fast paced international environment;
- Accuracy, confidentiality and punctuality are second nature to you;
- Keen on working in a dynamic yet demanding and rewarding context.