Our client, active as an MGA (Managing General Agent) Broker, is increasingly considered (first in France, and now on a European and international scale) as the "Google of insurance" in terms of innovation, strategy (BCorp label) and employee well-being. They want to position themselves on the Belgian market and therefore we are looking for their first Belgian colleague who wants to help make this happen! Are you polyvalent, dynamic and do you have a passion for insurance? Read on and apply!
DescriptionAs a Residential Underwriter, your role will primarily involve:
- Ensuring a good understanding of the needs and expectations of the clients;
- Establishing offers;
- Objectively assessing risks;
- Analyzing according to the rules of acceptance;
- Being creative in finding solutions to accept risks;
- Negotiate with intermediaries;
- Proactively follow up on offers;
- Establish new business and carry out management actions;
- Ensuring the operationalization of retention, portfolio recovery and reorganization actions;
- Ensuring a quality relationship with clients by being proactive, constructive and showing commercial sense ("willingness to do business");
- Contribute to the department's operational objectives: compliance with the SLA (Service Level Agreement), quality, efficiency and telephone service;
- To participate in the continuous improvement of the service;
- Opportunities for multi-branch working (TA/RC) are also available.
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Insurance (or equivalent experience);
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in fire underwriting;
- You have a solid technical knowledge;
- You have an excellent knowledge (written & oral) in Dutch and good knowledge in French and English;
- You are computer literate and have a good knowledge of MS Office;
- You are customer-oriented and solution-oriented;
- You are rigorous, reliable, creative and have a commercial sense;
- You are able to take decisions (deviate, negotiate, know what needs to be redirected to another level of expertise/responsibility);
- You are a team player.