Head of Regulatory & Public Affairs
The new Head of Public Affairs will lead the strategic plan and delivery of all Europe’s lobbying, regulatory and public affairs work of our client. The role will need to use their experience to create a favorable connection with politicians, the European parliament and governments, and provide...
DescriptionThe new Head of Public Affairs will lead the strategic plan and delivery of all Europe’s lobbying, regulatory and public affairs work of our client. The role will need to use their experience to create a favorable connection with politicians, the European parliament and governments, and provide guidance to the internal management teams and key stakeholders across Europe.
Key responsibilities :
- Developing and executing public affairs strategies related to European legislation, programs and institutions ;
- Managing projects of new and existing programs aimed at regulatory and public affairs activities ;
- Ensuring public affairs and political positions, activities and messages are consistent with overall business goals, objectives and values of our client, at European level ;
- Creating a positive influence for the agenda among European parliamentarians and government members, civil servants, and their institutions to promote and strengthen the mission of our client ;
- Ensuring and establishing tight relation and cooperation with the relevant organisations for the Aftermarket ;
- Serving as a consultant on political topics related to the Independent Aftermarket for external and internal stakeholders ;
- Monitoring and summarizing political trends and developments related to our client’s agenda and the developments in the automotive industry and the independent aftermarket ;
- Establishing detailed European public affairs guidelines,guidance and procedures ;
- Evaluating strategic communications plan to advance positions or our client at European level, and enhance awareness of their priorities and services.
Your profileKey and desired skills :
- Relevant studies/degree/qualification in public affairs, project management, business administration, legislation, public administration, or other related fields ;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in regulatory and public affairs in the automotive industry and preferably within the Automotive Aftermarket ;
- Excellent English communications skills, both verbal and written, French communications skills are a significant benefit ;
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework in the Automotive Aftermarket and in-depth practical knowledge of the European automotive system and key relevant policies ;
- Excellent strategic thinker with an ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies ;
- Excellent project management skills and good analytical skills ;
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management, and resource planning ;
- An action-orientated person with the ability to work in a team and also independently ;
- Ability to manage various projects with external stakeholder groups in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to set work priorities dynamically ;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international environment in a matrix organization with different backgrounds and varying cultures ;
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ;
- Proficiency in practicing Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
OfferOur client is a leading distributor of automotive aftermarket parts for vehicles.
They offer a permanent contract with a very attractive salary package.