Senior AML Officer
Within the Compliance Department and the Anti-Money Laundering Division:Analyze sometimes complex money laundering and terrorist financing suspicious cases independently, in accordance with legal requirements;To specialise and act as a reference in certain sensitive areas relating to the fight...
DescriptionWithin the Compliance Department and the Anti-Money Laundering Division:
- Analyze sometimes complex money laundering and terrorist financing suspicious cases independently, in accordance with legal requirements;
- To specialise and act as a reference in certain sensitive areas relating to the fight against money laundering, to act as a contact for certain target groups, in order to collaborate in controlling the risk in this area.
- Estimate the impact of an atypical transaction report in order to determine the scope/amount of the investigation to be carried out, i.e. decide on the investigative duties to be performed ;
- Autonomously manage files (including follow-up) - sometimes complex - within the framework of the money laundering legislation, in order to formulate an opinion regarding the decision to be taken and the strategy to be followed (transmission or not of the file to the national money laundering unit (CTIF), refusal/breakdown or not of the customer relationship), in order to control the risk of money laundering for the bank ;
- In particular:
Issuing a compliance opinion on cases reported by the first line, and for which KYC failures have been noted.
- Acting as the contact person for certain contact areas (in particular the compliance correspondents) in order to optimise cooperation and to be able to fulfil our support role effectively;
- To guide, supervise and support the bank's employees in relation to questions they raise in connection with money laundering issues in general or specific cases, in order to familiarise them with the relevant legislation and to explain to them the actions to be taken in specific cases;
- To actively contribute to the improvement of processes, procedures and administrative rules within the division, and in particular to critically examine existing working methods in order to continuously improve their quality and efficiency;
- To acquire in-depth theoretical and technical knowledge of certain areas related to the fight against money laundering and to pass on this knowledge to the staff of the Anti-Money Laundering Division (role of referent), in order to be able to deal with all the issues related to money laundering.
Your profileBilingual FR/NL ;
University degree or equivalent by experience ;
Min 2-5 years experience in an equivalent role;
Specialization in KYC and/or Sanctions and Embargoes is an asset;
Sense of priority and responsibility;
Strong resistance to stress;
Ability to work in a team;
Very good communication skills;
Discretion / tact / objectivity / integrity.