Compliance AML Officer
Do you want to work within Compliance at one of our clients in Private Banking and do you have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience? Then the position below is for you!
- You will review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the business lines, to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax integrity.
- You will provide advice to the business as to the acceptability of the clients. At onboarding stage, during periodic reviews and for event-driven reviews.
- You will attend and participate in Client Acceptance committee meetings to explain Compliance advice / viewpoints to the business.
- You will assess and advice on screening alerts escalated by the 1st Line of Defence related to sanctions, politically exposed persons (PEPs) and adverse media coverage (“bad press”).
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business on all matters related to Financial Crime Prevention.
- You will liaise with other experts within Compliance and other functions (e.g. Legal, Tax, Sustainability) in providing appropriate advice to the business.
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- You will perform regulatory horizon scanning and translate relevant new laws, regulations and regulatory guidance into action plans.
- You will assess any alerts of a-typical transactions, facts or customer behaviour escalated by the 1st Line of Defence and advice the AMLCO whether a notification to the CTIF-CFI is required;
- On instruction of the AMLCO you will assist in reporting a-typical transactions, facts or customer behaviour to the CTIF-CFI.
- You assist in the periodic sample based testing of financial crime controls.
- You assist in delivering compliance reports to management, head office and regulators.
- You will participate in projects and initiatives aimed at improving the mitigation of client integrity risks.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML and client integrity related risks and regulations.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others.
- You have a high level of self-knowledge and an intrinsic motivation to continuously improve yourself and the bank. You have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- A basic knowledge of Belgian fiscal rules is a pre.
- You can demonstrate work experience in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector. This preferably includes experience in a 2nd line Compliance function.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have an academic degree, preferably in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and bank policies on AML/CTF and Sanctions, including the relevant Belgian laws and regulations. Knowledge of Belgian fiscal rules is preferred.
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files for Private Banking and Corporate clients / complex client files with an international dimension.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. A good knowledge of French is preferred
- You have an understanding of Private, corporate and investment banking and associated product sets such as money transfers (in country and cross border), security transactions, lending and investment products, corporate and trade finance.
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment and geo-political environment in which our clients operate.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
- Our client attaches great importance to personal development. For the, this also means a great deal of responsibility and scope for entrepreneurship.
- Of course, this includes a good salary and excellent terms of employment (such as meal vouchers, a broad group insurance package and flexible working).