What can you expect from our client:As a Data Scientist, they rely on your expertise to convey insights from the vast amount of available data, so the business can make the right strategic decisions. By looking for answers and actively thinking along with the business you help renew the...
DescriptionWhat can you expect from our client:
- As a Data Scientist, they rely on your expertise to convey insights from the vast amount of available data, so the business can make the right strategic decisions. By looking for answers and actively thinking along with the business you help renew the organization.
- Using relevant tools, you analyse and research very large, complex and often unstructured data sets and provide conclusions that lead to a more profound understanding of customers, products and services.
- Your specific technical expertise will enable you to work independently. Based on the knowledge acquired within the team, you will proactively introduce new topics, approaches and insights.
- You carefully document the analyses carried out and create algorithms to guarantee the future use of the insights.
- You use your analytical mind to challenge questions from the business, so that you can provide the most relevant insight possible. You create visual and innovative dashboards that clarify your conclusions and illustrate opportunities and decision-making.
- You are aware of new techniques and trends in the market and you support the business in its search for new strategic insights.
- You are in constant interaction with the Business to understand their problems and needs. You support the coordination with IT to the feasibility of possible solutions.
- You build good contacts with the different stakeholders in the organisation and you ensure a coherent and adequate communication.
- Where relevant, you represent the team through presentations within the business units, the Executive Committee, for team leaders, ... . This means that you have to be able to deal with different types of stakeholders and therefore speak different 'languages', so that parties with different professional backgrounds can understand your messages.
- As a data ambassador you will spread the data culture and data knowledge throughout the organisation. You will help raise awareness about themes such as data science, IoT and robotics among your colleagues.
- You are part of a dynamic team, in which you play a crucial role in achieving the set objectives regarding data analysis.
- You will also be part of the Data Science Community, where you will share your findings and exchange knowledge with international colleagues.
Your profileWhat our client expects of you:
- You have a Master's degree with a link to data analysis (mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, econometrics, engineering, computer science, science, ... ).
- You have a broad knowledge in the field of statistical data analysis and you are well versed in programming languages such as R or Python to enable analysis and reporting. Experience with SQL, NoSQL, streaming etc. is a plus.
- Previous work experience as a Data Scientist and an initial knowledge of the world of insurance are a plus.
- You are analytically strong, work accurately and have a problem-solving attitude.
- You are eager to learn, you examine whether and how new trends and developments can be used in your position and you question existing methods in a healthy critical manner.
- You are a team player and you have strong communication skills: you adapt your presentation and communication to your target audience.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and/or English.
OfferWhat you and our client have in common:
- Thinking from the customer's point of view, it's just in your nature.
- Thinking ahead and seeing opportunities. Your innovative ideas help us to improve continuously.
- Together you go for results. What you do, you like to do. So you and your team always give the best of yourself.
- Learning from every experience and continuing to grow endlessly through reflection, by sharing knowledge, through interaction and feedback.
- You are all different. Each of you has your own opinion and different insights. You see diversity as an asset.
- And a smile!